Sunday, August 20, 2006

FoRCe oF NaTuRe


I am a FORCE OF NATURE!!! That was the tagline for the day on Saturday 19th August 2006. The Yogyakarta Quake Aid 2006 was held at the Polo Field of Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club.Once again goodwill and charity was the main agenda and the musicians of Indonesia and Malaysia joined hands in a "Live Aid" style concert under the Force of Nature banner.


The charity event went on for about 9 hours staraight and it was also aired "live" on Astro Ria where Hani and I were the hosts. Nine freaking hours guys!! It was crazy and I was dead tired by 2am. Event going to the toilet was like running a marathon agaisnt time.

We even inserted a few Astro Ria shows like Durian Runtuh, Gitu-Gitu Apek, and of course, Beat TV in by doing it "live" on ground. It was the first time ever that I've done Beat TV live and I have to say I was excited to finally do it.

I was so happy to meet her... Ruth Sahanaya... one of the first Indonesian singers that I knew when I was growing up. I grew up with a family who mostly listened to Abba, Jon Secada, Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson Whitney Houston, Tracy Chapman... etc.. But Ruth was one of the few Indonesian singers that some of my family members liked listening to. Still remember the days when "Kaulah Segalanya" was waaaayyyy overplayed on our "Home Karaoke System".

5 comments:

ikanbilis said...

i love forces of nature. its like our very own version of Live8! and it's great to know you were part of it but too bad, i missed watching it! keep up the good work of yours! and my dad loves ruth too

Hani Mialystic said...

sazzy

so like u and razif (opppsss off topic)

cant wait to c shasha n haikal in jakarta. teehee.

highheelseliparjepun said...

Hi there...u nampak cool sgt ari tu.Ok ape buat Beat TV live..lepas ni harap2 dpt terus buat Beat TV Live..hehehe..

Aiza said...

Hi Sazzy,

**off topic

Pls send my regards to Daniel ... Hehehehe

angelbaik said...

assalamualaikum.... uwaa.a.. tak bestnya, gol 'n gincu dah abih.. tak der plan nak wat next season ker?.. dah tak boleh jumpa shasha lagik... huhuh.. anyway.. love u..